Video Of Day

Breaking News

Benefits Trap Art

Two charts from the UK, admittedly sprayed amongst also much chartjunk, but illustrating the poverty trap inwards Britain. (A previous post  on high marginal taxation rates for depression income people has to a greater extent than charts similar this.)

led me to economics all those years ago. No, it's non culture, or "laziness." Treat piteous people every bit intelligent, responding to incentives, merely similar yous as well as me, but amongst a lot bleaker choices. Try to await at the the world through their eyes if yous desire to sympathise their behavior:
 if I was inwards a seat of a British unmarried woman bring upwards I bring non the slightest incertitude that I would conduct welfare. Why intermission your dorsum on the minimum wage for longer than yous bring to, if it doesn’t pay? Some people practice bring the resolve to practice it. I know I wouldn’t.
...Until our policymakers outset to run across things through the eyes of those ensnared inwards welfare traps, cypher volition change. 
More groovy quotes:
If yous had designed a organisation to proceed the piteous down, inwards would non await much dissimilar to the above.

...the cash-strapped British authorities is withal creating withal the nearly expensive poverty inwards the world.
Hat tip: Dan Mitchell writing at Cato@Liberty. His post is worth reading, every bit are the links. (Alas, the Spectator exclusively cites the beginning of the graphs every bit " an internal authorities presentation," as well as then I don't know who to properly credit.)

No comments