Video Of Day

Breaking News

Black Friday Stuff

A repost from Friday, Nov 24, 2017.

First up, the 2 Thanksgiving Day pieces from the Paris Review are simply in addition to hence satisfying I had the vivid idea to banking enterprise fit what P.R. mightiness convey for Black Friday.
And was rewarded with:

Black Friday, the Poem
The Paris Review staff is off inward a tryptophan-induced haze, in addition to hence we’re reposting around of our favorite Thanksgiving pieces. Enjoy your holiday!
 from the Paris Review are simply in addition to hence satisfying I had the vivid idea to banking enterprise fit what P Black Fri Stuffcorner the aureate market, resulting inward fiscal crisis in addition to scandal.

E. C. Stedman, a poet in addition to broker(!), wrote the following:
One Hundred in addition to Sixty! Can’t live on true!
What volition the bears-at-forty do?
How volition the merchants pay their dues?
How volition the province stand upward the news?...
 ...It May Have Been Oct 2008 When I Lost My Mind

....Here's a stock marketplace oriented version of Steely Dan's "Black Friday"*, worth the watch: 
 

*The vocal refers to Black Friday, September 24, 1869 when an attempted corner of the aureate marketplace past times James Fisk in addition to Jay Gould was broken past times the Federales.

When Black Fri comes
I'll stand upward downwards past times the door
And select grip of the grayness men
When they dive from the fourteenth floor
When Black Fri comes
I'll collect everything I'm owed
And earlier my friends discovery out
I'll live on on the road
When Black Fri falls y'all know it's got to be
Don't allow it autumn on me...
Over at ZeroHedge they volition live on doing their annual Tally of the Mayhem. Here's the commencement of what volition in all probability live on a serial of posts:
One Person Shot Outside Mall, Brawl Closes Alabama Shopping Center As Black Fri Gets Going

No comments