Video Of Day

Breaking News

Craig Murray - Spy Games




Russia has its GRU inward add-on to its KGB (now FSB in addition to SVR). The UK of Britain in addition to Northern Republic of Ireland has its Defence Intelligence inward add-on to its MI6 in addition to GCHQ. Much less high profile, Defence Intelligence is to a greater extent than analytical than operative – every bit indeed is GRU, Skripal was an analyst.
Defence Intelligence had its proudest modern instant when it refused to endorse MI6’s pack of lies on Iraqi WMD, in addition to earned the hate of MI6 in addition to of Blair in addition to Straw every bit a result. This was confirmed past times the Chilcot study which stated that MI6 even actually hid some of the intelligence cloth from the Defence Intelligence Service to forestall their rubbishing it.
I promise you lot volition forgive me for pointing out that the opposition of the Defence Intelligence to the Blair Dirty Dossier was outset revealed inward my memoir Murder inward Samarkand, a decade earlier the Chilcot study confirmed it. It was i of the many reasons Straw attempted to block publication, in addition to i of the many things revealed inward my memoir – including of course of study the UK’s complicity inward torture in addition to extraordinary rendition – which the authorities claimed to live on untrue, but inward due course of study has been proved to live on 100% accurate. As it should be, every bit Murder inward Samarkand only recounts things I personally witnessed outset hand.
As this is the final twenty-four hr menses of Banned Books Week, I promise you lot mightiness farther forgive me (and I know I am pushing it) if I advert my prequel to Murder inward Samarkand, The Catholic Orangemen of Togo. I stance it every bit a much improve book, in addition to I was bitterly disappointed when my publisher, who had bravely defied the authorities lawyers over Murder inward Samarkand, backed downwards in addition to pulled the publication of The Catholic Orangemen due to libel threats from mercenary commander Tim Spicer. It thence became a Banned Book. I privately printed in addition to sold 1,000 copies, in addition to every bit technology scientific discipline advanced to a greater extent than of late made it available on impress on demand. (I know, Amazon…) But it remains a existent regret it has reached in addition to then few people. You are welcome to download it entirely free here.
Anyway, later on that lengthy advertorial allow me teach dorsum to the DIS. DIS stay rather to a greater extent than attached to the truth than MI6, in addition to then when Defence Minister Gavin Williamson tweeted out a thrilled endorsement of Bellingcat’s piece of job on Colonel Chepiga, DIS urgently advised that he delete it. Which he did.

No comments