Video Of Day

Breaking News

Bill Mitchell — Reflections On The 2D International Mmt Conference – Purpose 1

I bring really lilliputian costless fourth dimension today. I am straightaway inwards Dublin in addition to am travelling to Galway shortly for tonight’s termination (see below). Last eve I met amongst approximately Irish Gaelic politicians at the Irish Gaelic Parliament in addition to had approximately interesting conversations. I volition reverberate on the interactions I bring had then far inwards Republic of Ireland inwards a afterwards weblog post.
But today (and side past times side fourth dimension I post) I invention to reverberate briefly on my thoughts almost the Second International Modern Monetary Theory which was held concluding weekend inwards New York City. Around 400 participants were inwards attendance, which past times whatsoever grade represents tremendous progress. The feeling of the gathering was 1 of optimism, enthusiasm and, 1 powerfulness tell without to much license, boundless energy. So a big pace given where nosotros bring come upward from.
Having said that, I had mixed reactions to the dissimilar sessions in addition to the informal conversations I had over the three-day period, which powerfulness serve every bit a cautionary alarm non to become to far ahead of ourselves. This weblog postal service is Part 1 of my collection of approximately of those thoughts. They reflect, to approximately extent, the closing comments I made on the concluding panel concluding Sunday.

Here are approximately reflections ordered inwards the fashion I discussed them inwards my contribution to the closing panel concluding Lord's Day at the MMT Conference inwards New York City.
I promise that these comments are taking inwards the correct spirit.…
[Paragraphing added.]

Bill Mitchell – billy blog
Reflections on the sec International MMT Conference – Part 1
Bill Mitchell | Professor inwards Economics in addition to Director of the Centre of Full Employment in addition to Equity (CofFEE), at University of Newcastle, NSW, Commonwealth of Australia

No comments