Video Of Day

Breaking News

A Missive Of The Alphabet To My Local Field Member

Consider this a diversion from the commons finance posts on this blog.

Today my job organisation is State politics inward New South Wales, Australia.

--

In New South Wales nosotros bring merely had a moral-conservative Premier who enacted late-night alcohol bans inward large parts of Sydney justified from a moral panic virtually alcohol fuelled violence. This has destroyed much of Sydney's nightlife.

I tin imagine Anthony Bourdain doing a demo on Sydney. It would move embarrassing. This metropolis has larn dull.

The departed Premier too banned greyhound racing - which inward Commonwealth of Australia is a sort-of-poor-man's-horse racing. The dogs are a working bird pursuit - sometimes involving cruelty to our canine friends (but likely non much worse than the cruelty to horses racing them). Electoral politics forced the Premier to opposite that ban.

--

Since so the New South Wales Premier has changed - together with so I saw my run a peril to write a missive of the alphabet to my local politician.

I bring non received a answer from him - so I am putting the missive of the alphabet hither for wider circulation.


Dear Rob Stokes
Member for Pittwater,  
I am a fellow member of your electorate. Address ***. 
I desire to brand certain that nether Gladys Berejiklian the New South Wales Government continues its endeavor to morally regulate everything enjoyable inward human society. This was the tradition established past times our departed together with sorely missed honourable spoilsport together with quondam Premier. 
You bring banned drinking inward large parts of Sydney. I applaud you. People should non move allowed to bring a proficient time.  
But you lot chickened out together with reversed your solely admirable ban on greyhound racing. 
I am deeply alarmed.  
Worse: I bring come upward across the novel tendency of corgi racing.  
Here is a corgi race - the Ladbrokes Barkingham Palace Gold Cup.


It looks similar a lot of fun - together with thus should move banned. 
Corgis are blessed creatures, dour hunting dogs suitable for keeping Her Majesty, Queen of Australia, company. But piece of work of them to bring a proficient fourth dimension is abuse of the finest traditions. And an insult to our Queen together with thence our organisation of Government. 
I desire to brand certain that you lot recommit to banning Canis familiaris racing inward New South Wales, together with of the utmost importance you lot should commit to banning corgi racing. 
The suitably sour legacy of Mike Baird should move honoured past times no less.
And the Queen would approve.



I await Mr Stokes' answer together with volition postal service below.


No comments