Video Of Day

Breaking News

Happy Novel Year!



Happy New Year's Day to all of my readers! Once again, the JGB marketplace position has defied predictions of imminent collapse inwards 2016, merely perhaps Santa Claus volition convey presents for suffering JGB bears inwards 2017.

What Will 2017 Bring for the World?


It seems a condom bet that the emphasis on political economic scheme that was triggered past times the Trump victory (or Clinton collapse) volition continue. Trade policy may live to a greater extent than on the radar, merely I select my doubts that this volition select whatsoever to a greater extent than number on existent basis policy than previous yammering close "secular stagnation."

Given the full general lack of enthusiasm behind fixed investment, developed economies are non peculiarly vulnerable to recessions. (The euro expanse is the exception, amongst diverse economies beingness driven into the basis past times bad policy.)

The Fed volition probable hike again, maybe amongst somewhat to a greater extent than vigour (two hikes!), which may lastly drive closed to excitement inwards fixed income markets. This volition non live plenty to faze equity markets, which volition likely drib dead on their default blueprint of tardily rising. I intend nosotros volition require a daze of closed to form to knock closed to of the weaker hands out of equity markets.

What volition I live Writing About?

I am inwards the finishing stages of Abolish Money (From Economics)!, which should live available inwards ebook format old January. The paperback version would seem subsequently (I require to approve a proof copy). It is condom to state that I volition live avoiding whatsoever farther writing on coin for closed to fourth dimension (although I volition live publishing closed to excerpts).

I volition live turning my amount attending to my SFC modelling package, as well as writing what I promise volition live a curt introduction to it. (My mass on coin was supposed to live short; it ended upwards almost iii times every bit long every bit initially planned. Oops.) My objective is to advance the packet as well as so that I tin role it to illustrate closed to basic principles close the trouble organisation cycle. This would betoken the agency to a mass of post-Keynesian analysis of the trouble organisation cycle every bit the next text.

(c) Brian Romanchuk 2016

No comments