Video Of Day

Breaking News

Saturday Nighttime Popular Anachronisms

Saturday nighttime hither inward Commonwealth of Australia - in addition to music is on.

Can't aid but honour the anachronism inward around of the lyrics.

The Beatles Mr Postman is faintly ridiculous:
There must endure around give-and-take today
From my lady friend in addition to therefore far away
Please Mister postman await in addition to see
If there's a letter, a missive of the alphabet for me
I been standing hither waiting Mister postman
So patiently
For but a carte du jour or but a letter
Saying she's returning abode to me
Still the BBC version is - good - fabulous...





But for sheer anachronistic silliness nobody tin trounce The Smith's classic double anachronism:
And immediately I know how Joan of Arc felt
Now I know how Joan of Arc felt
As the flames rose to her Roman nose
And her Walkman started to melt

Daddy what is a Walkman?







John




No comments