Video Of Day

Breaking News

Follow Upwards From The Mcdonalds Belongings Post

There is no request reading this spider web log postal service without reading the prior postal service (linked here) first...

So many people idea the final spider web log postal service was incorrect that I postulate to bring it seriously. Several Europeans who claimed straight cognition of the traffic inwards that McDonalds inwards Milan suggested it was profitable.

One mortal tartly tweeted that my postal service was from the "Thomas Friedman schoolhouse of observing something inconsequential in addition to developing an unverifiable explanation".

Here is how I idea almost it...

Here is the P&L from McDonalds inwards 2014.



I am assuming this was a fellowship owned shop - in addition to I volition non let whatsoever of the generalised SG&A to locomote billed dorsum to this store.

Company stores had 18.17 billion inwards revenue in addition to 15.29 billion inwards straight costs (listed every bit nutrient in addition to paper, payroll in addition to occupancy etc). This is almost an eighteen pct margin.

This shop was (ignoring Venice*) inwards the most expensive house to locomote inwards Northern Italy. I roughly knew these numbers in addition to it was almost inconceivable to me that this shop isn't eighteen pct worse than the average MickeyD's inwards damage of operating costs or the like.

That suggests the received wisdom almost the lack of competitiveness of for sure European countries (and the postulate for an internal devaluation or deflation) is wrong. Staggeringly wrong. Now whilst I am bullish on many European names in addition to I am hither looking for prospective investments exactly I am far from that bullish.

I come upwardly from around other expensive province (Australia) where cost-competitiveness doesn't await all that good. McDonalds has exclusively unopen a few stores - exactly it has downsized several inwards high toll areas close me. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 small-scale high-cost shop seems to locomote acceptable. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 large one, non in addition to thus much.

The shop inwards the high-cost exactly highly trafficked Bondi Beach is small. It never looks profitable, exactly I may locomote incorrect at that topographic point too.


John

*Venice is a frighteningly expensive exceptional illustration at to the lowest degree inwards role because the logistics are difficult.


POST SCRIPT.

An alarm reader tells me that this site has a history of concessional rent - in addition to has been the dependent acre of legal action. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/16/us-mcdonalds-milan-idUSBRE89F1BP20121016

Maybe that explains it.

J

No comments