Video Of Day

Breaking News

Bronte Is Hiring - A Follow Up...

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. We received 270 addition - together with nosotros are finalizing a brusque list...


As many know - - the property managing director - has advertised for their start employee.

I convey gone through my electronic mail fairly carefully together with I should convey replied to every unmarried application although to a greater extent than than 200 inward the negative.

I constitute v applications inward the "junk postal service folder" together with I fearfulness I may convey missed a few others.

If I convey non replied to you lot delight resend to brontecapital@gmail.com and brand certain you lot teach a reply. If you lot are interested plenty to reckon working for us together with devoting a skillful job of your life to Bronte thence nosotros owe you lot the courtesy of a reply.

=======

We are currently most one-half way through a "preliminary round" interview where I inquire to a greater extent than or less questions testing

(a) basic scientific discipline together with a scientific agreement of the world,
(b) thoughts most how you lot may construct our estimator systems [targeted at our quite odd needs], and
(c) concern analysis [mostly for looking at longs].

We convey found nobody who answers all 3 sets of questions good - but a few who respond 2 of the 3 well.* [Some of these people are real high character - simply non only on our needs...]

This way that eventually nosotros volition demand to a greater extent than than 1 employee though nosotros are at the moment very focussed on the computing problems together with nosotros would prefer doing those things really well. [We are non much into compromise...]

All of the people who produce "two out of three" good are expensive: they convey skillful jobs, are aged over thirty together with I would demand to hope them a lot to brand them move. [And I am reluctant to hope a lot for a compromise employee...]

I volition reckon person who does the computing job good but is cheaper (which in all likelihood way younger). I would in all likelihood hire a young, entrepreneurial estimator geek who wants to survive taught the concern analysis materials - peculiarly if they were Australian based already... If I teach person similar that I tin pass to a greater extent than on the side yesteryear side employee.

Above all else I am interested inward intellectual firepower (I desire to hire people smarter than me, peculiarly inward the estimator task) together with the mightiness to truly implement this stuff.

Still I convey to a greater extent than or less other twenty or thence preliminary interviews to go. Who knows what I volition find...




John

*I convey high standards. One senior Silicon Valley executive I tested on the questions suggested that he knew several people nether thirty who encounter my criterion - but they are generally going to air current upwards worth 100 1000000 dollars - together with that a surprising ambit out worked at Facebook. He idea I was beingness unrealistic.


J

No comments