Video Of Day

Breaking News

Weekend Edition: Car Dealers

I am a hedge fund director who trades inwards marketable securities only. I facial expression at a quote inwards a marketplace - accept it or larn out it.

I possess got developed no negotiating science - if I don't similar the quote I merely walk away. If the quote is means likewise high I curt sell it. If it is depression I buy.

But mostly I merely walk away. It is non rude to walk away. The mortal on the other side of the merchandise does non fifty-fifty know who yous are. It is non personal. Simply: if the quote is non correct I exercise non desire to deal.

If I possess got to negotiate I volition mostly larn out it to my married adult woman who has to a greater extent than patience whilst people muck approximately on price. People who desire to waste materials one-half an hr negotiating to an cease betoken that could endure got to inwards 2 minutes are a waste materials of fourth dimension in addition to space.

Further - mostly I short-sell frauds. I honour people who are lying (and I am really skillful at determining when someone is lying). Whey they prevarication I short-sell their securities. The slogan (mostly true) is in 1 lawsuit a scumbag e'er a scumbag. Shortselling scumbags inwards moderation (always inwards moderation) is mostly a profitable strategy.

And thus I come upwards amongst a full general hatred of buying a car.

These days buying a automobile is a fairly transparent business. They laissez passer on yous a quote off something that looks similar a supplier provided listing price. You enquire them if they tin dismiss exercise a amend bargain in addition to depending on how ambitious they are in addition to how much room to motility they possess got they offering yous a "deal".

Then yous popular off home, facial expression upwards the network chat boards, encounter what people possess got negotiated elsewhere in addition to come upwards dorsum amongst a price.

We did that - in addition to the cost nosotros came dorsum amongst was virtually five share below where I figured they were prepared to deal. I told them I had looked at the chat boards in addition to told them that cost was lower than I expected in addition to that they should merely come upwards dorsum amongst something realistic.

The told me that they would endure losing $4000 at the cost I suggested.

I knew that was a lie. They knew I knew it was a lie. I said thus in addition to said that I volition non bargain if they volition non endure lead amongst me. They bristled.

I walked out. I don't possess got the patience to bargain amongst scumbags in addition to liars.

If this were senior management/promoters of a listed safety I know what I would do. I would plough approximately in addition to short-sell them. Liars thus are overnice because they are profitable for me.

But dealing amongst scumbag car-dealers makes me experience strangely powerless in addition to angry.

And it leaves me despising automobile dealers in addition to the companies they represent. I am non fifty-fifty going to hollo the build because I suspect it could endure whatever automobile brand.

[Still for the residual of my life XXX Brand volition endure associated amongst scumbag people in addition to no amount of advertising volition create the image-association.]

Why are people similar this?

Here is a inquiry that has puzzled me for a while. I curt sell stocks promoted yesteryear slime-bag individuals. People who may endure rich but yous would endure horrified if they married your daughter.

There are a surprisingly large disclose of such people around.

My inquiry was were those people born that means or did 10 years of exposure to other scum-bags on Wall Street plough them into the gebbeths they possess got become? Understanding the evolution in addition to career path of scumbag stock promoters volition build my undertaking easier. Finding these petty piles of pus in addition to short-selling their wares is 1 of my primary career tasks.

But it is difficult to runway stock promoters. They are a shadowy lot in addition to proverb out loud that they are slime doesn't larn me really far.

But it is tardily to runway automobile dealers - in addition to their sliminess is readily apparent to all. It is non fifty-fifty controversial.

So how did automobile dealers larn this way? Do automobile dealers actively popular off out of their means to recruit to a greater extent than scumbags? Or does beingness a automobile dealer plough yous into a scumbag?

If it is the quondam how exercise they honour these scumbags thus effectively? (As someone who short-sells I desire to re-create that method!)

If it is the latter how long does it accept every bit a automobile dealer earlier the basics of human decency possess got been stripped from you? How difficult is it to corrupt people - to accept away their soul?

Just asking.




John

No comments